Employment Type: Full Time.
Our client, a Fashion retail brand for men and women based in Gbagada with branches across Lagos state is looking to hire a head business development to help expand clientele and manage retail officers.
Job Title: Head: Business Development & Operations
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development & Operations Manager to help expand their clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy as well as manage the operations of all retail outlet.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
• Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
• Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
• Develop new business for the company through approaching new business customers, as defined on the sales KPI’s.
• Develop a new business prospect listing to ensure that future new business development is
planned in advance.
• Maintain and manage the financial forecast and cost module projections for new business submission.
• Manage and coordinate all commercial activities of defined vertical group of customers with the customer service team, in line with the company’s short- and long-term results & targets.
• Represents the company and its policies to the clients which are defined as “Strategic Accounts”.
• Undertake sales presentations to customers and business communities to present to the company and its products and services.
• Direct and supervise retail staff across several retail outlets to ensure they meet set objectives
• Provide training to retail employees to develop their skills and enhance their job performance
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
• Provide solutions that address performance issues in a timely and effective manner
• Monitor the activities of the customer service department of retail outlets to ensure a satisfied clientele
• Contact store managers and other retail staff to communicate relevant information
• Mentor and motivate sales staff to put in their best in order to achieve financial goals
• Develop and implement budget and plans for retail operations
• Visit retail establishments to ensure efficient and effective management as well as high performance sales
• Develop policies for the merchandising of goods in retail stores
• Monitor inventory levels to determine the need for stock supply at each retail outlet
• Ensure compliance with health/safety policies and procedures at retail sites
• Listen to customer complaints to address & resolve their issues
• Evaluate operational and financial records to determine sales performance of a retail store.
• Proven experience in Business Development & Operation roles (At least 2 years)
• Good understanding of market research techniques, data analysis and statistics methods thorough knowledge of strategic planning principles and marketing best practices.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, etc.).
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management abilities.
• Creativity and commercial awareness.
• Strong sales, negotiation and communication skills.
• Pleasant and trustworthy
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Recruitment and training of team members.
• MS Office familiarity
• Good teamwork skills and Strong Attention to Details.
• Experience in Retail for one year with reference.
• Project Management skills.
• Must have functioned in a leadership role; led a team for at least one year.
• First degree in Marketing or any other related field. A second degree and professional certification is an added advantage.
• Candidate must not be more than 35 years of age.
Salary is attractive with other benefits and within Industry standard.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates who meets with the requirements can apply by submitting their resume with their picture on it to email@example.com with subject of email to read “HEAD, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/OPERATIONS”. Body of the email should be an application for employment.
Deadline for Application: 5th Feb 2021