Employment Type: Full Time.
Our client, a logistics company, providing door to door delivery, implementation and operational capabilities in freight forwarding, contract logistics, transportation management and distribution management is looking for a Business Development executive for Logistics in Lagos State.
Job Title: Business Development executive
Location: Yaba, Lagos Mainland
Reports to: CEO
- Identify new business opportunities and through developing existing and new business accounts.
- Maintain an active new business prospect listing to approach and present to the company.
- Undertake new business sales calls to win new business. Develop financial supporting data and process data to potential and existing business wins.
- Responsible in maintaining existing customer database through regular sales visits.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new business for the company through approaching new business customers, as defined on the sales KPI’s.
- Develop a new business prospect listing to ensure that future new business development is planned in advance.
- Responsible for the management and handling of the RFQ response documents coming to the company for Logistics Business.
- Generate and distribute specific reports as required in alignment with the position.
- Coordinate and follow up x-selling activities within the department.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Customer Service, Operations and Logistics team.
- Focus on winning and keeping profitable business.
- Maintain and manage the financial forecast and cost module projections for new business submission.
- Undertake regional presentations for the Logistics Department, as and when called upon.
- Undertake cross selling and up selling within existing customer base to further develop account potential through airfreight, sea freight, road freight, value added products and contract logistics.
- Manage and coordinate all commercial activities of defined vertical group of customers with the customer service team, in line with the company’s short- and long-term results & targets.
- Represents the company and its policies to the clients which are defined as “Strategic Accounts”.
- Undertake sales presentations to customers and business communities to present to the company and its products and services.
- Proven experience as a business development executive (At least 3 years)
- Good understanding of market research techniques, data analysis and statistics methods thorough knowledge of strategic planning principles and marketing best practices.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, etc).
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities.
- Creativity and commercial awareness.
- Strong sales, negotiation and communication skills.
- Pleasant and trustworthy
- Excellent customer service skills.
- MS Office familiarity,
- Good teamwork skills and Strong Attention to Details.
Deadline for application: 14th Feb 2021
PAY: pay is competitive and in line with industry standard.
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should;