Job Title: Hub Officer
Location: Lagos Island
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting Line: Logistics Manager
- Our client, a logistics company in Lagos is looking for a hub Officer to join their team and support their hub operations on Lagos Island.
- A successful hub Officer will act as the point of contact for all employees and customers, providing administrative support and managing their queries.
- Main duties include managing the hub, meeting revenue targets and, preparing regular reports (e.g. expenses and office budgets) and organizing company records.
- Our ideal candidate also has working knowledge of office equipment, bikes and office management tools.
- Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our administrative & marketing activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Provides assistance and support in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Supervises the work of employees in supporting roles, including assigning workload and monitoring employee performance.
- Oversees and facilitates resources management and administration procedures and documentation.
- Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other Departments/units, individuals, and institutions on operational and project matters concerning the Office.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends project meetings, and participates in project discussions, as appropriate.
- Under the Supervision of the Business Director, coordinates the disposition and/or resolution of individual problems and disputes involving department, staff, colleagues, and/or members of the general public, as they arise.
- Oversees the operation of office accounts, and plans and monitors expenditures; as appropriate, develops and/or coordinates budgets for the office and associated accounts.
- Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
- Provides assistance in the understanding and interpretation of company policies and procedures, as appropriate, and ensures that office operations are in compliance with policy provisions and standards.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate.
- Monitors and manages the cleaning, security, front desk, logistics and clerical staff
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Customer Care Responsibilities
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions.
- Processing orders, forms, applications, and requests.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Managing a team of junior customer service representatives.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
Hub officer job
- Manage all operational activities for a package/delivery distribution center
- Manage a large and diverse team of logistics and supply chain professionals supporting network infrastructure.
- Provide leadership to ensure efficient distribution and adherence to policies, procedures, and process excellence.
- Oversee all warehouse and transportation hub operations from inbound, inventory, pickups and outbound (deliveries/drop-offs).
- Maintains hub staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Establish key performance indicators tracking methodology and develop corresponding management reports.
- Partner with Third Party Logistics Providers to ensure alignment with expectations and achievement of our objectives.
- Optimize distribution channels for maximum efficiency and cost.
- Be a Team Player. You may have to work with several different teams, which requires flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to comfortably operate in a matrixed environment
- Have no complacency with high energy. You understand your role is critical to the company. You apply high energy every day to meet your delivery and distribution metrics. You want to improve every day, month, quarter, year. You are persistent, clear and driven to get goods to the customer – properly and quickly.
- Resourceful, High Integrity, High Impact. You find a way. You do business with trust and transparency and aim to influence your team.
- Collaborative. You understand you need a team to succeed. You carry along internal stakeholders to ensure they are aligned and aware of ingenuities in the department.
- Meticulous. You must have an eye for detail every step of the way. Reports and statements often have discrepancies that result in the need to research, escalate, and resolve issues effectively
- Ability to meet set revenue targets
- OND minimum in admin or supply chain. A Degree is an added advantage
- Proven work experience (2-5years) in similar or related role
- Solid knowledge of hub and office procedures.
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing/sales skills
- Attention to detail.
- Staying on the island or environs
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word specifically).
- Project management and supply chain experience
- Experience in distribution management
- Interstate delivery experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Offer closes 14th January 2021